KDDI history over 60 years in telecommunication industory
Kokusai Denshin Denwa Co., Ltd. (KDD) is established.
Launch of "KDDI Singapore"
First successful TV broadcast reception between Japan and the U.S.A. occurs at the Ibaraki Space Communications Experimental Station.
KDD (now KDDI) starts No. 1 Trans Pacific Cable (TPC-1) service, together with US Telecommunication company AT&T and Hawai an telecom company.
Launch of "KDDI Europe" (headquartered in London)
- KDD starts service for No. 3 Trans Pacific Cable (TPC-3), the first submarine optical cable in the Pacific Ocean.
- Launch of "TELEHOUSE New York Teleport", the first data center in New York area .
- Launch of "KDDI America"
Launch of "TELEHOUSE London Docklands North", the first purpose built data center in Europe
- DDI CORPORATION, KDD Corporation and IDO CORPORATION merge and form a new company. The trade name of the new entity is DDI CORPORATION, and it operates under the new KDDI corporate brand.
- Launch of "Telehouse Seoul" and "Telehouse Hong Kong"
- KDDI China is established (headquartered in Beijing).
- Establishment of world first internationl IP-VPN service for business
Launch of "Telehouse Singapore" and "Telehouse Beijing".
- Landing of Trans-Pacific fiber optic cable system, UNITY, in Chikura, Japan. (UNITY started operation from 2010)
- Launch of "Telehouse Capetown", the first Telehouse data center in Africa
Launch of "Telehouse London Dockland West", the one of the largest data center in Europe.
- Launch of "Telehouse Hong Kong CCC", the second Telehouse data center in Hong Kong
- Launch of "KDDI Russia" and "KDDI Brazil"
- Launch of "KDDI Myanmar"
- Launch of the shortest route between Japan and Europe with RJCN（Russia-Japan Cable Network） and Transit Europe-Asia (TEA).
- Entered into agreement and commenced joint business with Myanma Posts and Telecommunications (MPT).
- A Global Consortium to Build New Trans-Pacific Cable System "FASTER"
Launch of "KDDI Cambodia", a branch of KDDI Singapore